BUYING AT LUXEFORD
1. FINDING WHAT YOU LOVE, THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO FIND THE PIECES THAT MOST INTERESTS YOU
- Choose the upcoming sales and view the lot(s) for more details at www.luxeford.com
- Follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Pinterest and WeChat for updates.
- Subscribe to Luxeford’s printed catalogues.
- Attend a pre-auction online viewing or exhibition.
2. REGISTER AND BID
What’s next? Before you can bid you have to register. Whether you plan to bid in person, by telephone or online, you can register for any sale in advance via our Bids Department.
All bidders are required to create an account and properly registered, where our system will be instructed to confirm your name, email, credit card, billing address, and mailing address. You will be asked to provide your full contact details, along with a government issued photo ID/passport and proof of address. For certain transactions, you may be asked for a financial reference and a deposit as a condition of allowing you to bid.
Bidding as Agent
Bidders act as principal unless they have Luxeford prior written consent to bid as agent for another party. Bidders are personally liable for their bid and are jointly and severally liable with their principal if bidding as agent.
(a) Saleroom Bid
Bidding in person offers a thrill like no other. You will need to register in advance with the Bids Department and present your identification to collect your bidding paddle before the auction begins. New bidders are encouraged to register 24 hours in advance of a sale to allow sufficient time for us to process your information.
(b) Telephone Bid
If you prefer bidding by phone, we will call you from the saleroom and bid on your behalf. We also suggest that you leave a Safety Bid which we can execute on your behalf in the event we are unable to reach you by telephone. Multilingual staffs are available to execute bids for you. Please contact our Bids Department to register.
(c) Absentee Bid
What if you’re unable to attend an auction? Simply place an absentee bid (also known as a written bid) at least 24 hours before the sale and we will bid on the item for you. Choose the lot you wish to bid and place the maximum bid amount. To find out how you performed with your absentee bid after the auction, view auction results online or contact our Client Service Department. +852 2899 2128 Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, local time.
We are glad to inform that our online auction services are available at this time. Please visit go to specific lot and register to bid at www.luxeford.com.
Absentee / Telephone / Safety Bid Form can be located at the back of the printed catalogues and email it to the Bids Department.
3. BUYER’S PREMIUM
A buyer’s premium will be added to the hammer price and is payable by the buyer as part of the total purchase price. The buyer’s premium is 21% of the hammer price up to and including HK$4,000,000 and 13% of that part of the hammer price above HK$4,000,000.
Congratulations! You have successfully bid and purchase your item, you’ll receive an Invoice from Luxeford with the following information:
- An invoice setting out the hammer price plus all other applicable charges, such as the buyer’s premium, local taxes, shipping expenses, loss and damage liability fees, and any other charges that may apply.
- Details on how to pay (clients are responsible for all bank charges relating to bank transfers).
- Collection and storage information, including the location of your property and date of availability (if applicable).
- Shipping quotation for overseas purchases will be included (if applicable, please note that clients are responsible for meeting the requirements of any laws or regulations which apply to exporting any lot(s) prior to bidding).
Please note that all payments are due within 7 days after the auction.
Should you require any assistance with the payment process, please contact us and we would be more than happy to assist you.
Customers are strongly recommended that you review our full set of Terms and Conditions online (also available on our printed catalogues) for more details. By registering to bid and/or by bidding at auction you agree to these terms, so you should read them carefully before doing so. You may also contact our office for any assistance.